Wednesday, December 10, 2008

THE TRUTH about Amazon.com

I am thrilled to welcome Dr. Barbara Holstein to New Shelves. Dr. Barbara is the author of several books including her latest, The Truth. I asked Dr. Barbara to share with us her experiences navigating the world of Amazon.com.

Over the last several months, Dr. Barbara's book has steadily grown in rank and increased in sales through Amazon. The sales and success can be traced directly back to her efforts on the site as a participant in their numerous discussion groups and using the tools they offer. We could all learn a lot from her.

So, with that, I encourage you to enjoy this short and helpful article about her experiences on Amazon.com:

If you ever want to experience a deep forest with wild rivers and secret caverns, without even leaving home, I suggest you take a trip to the Amazon. That is www.amazon.com .

It is an amazing place. I've been visiting it on and off for more than a year and I am still getting to know my way around. When my newest book came out last January, THE TRUTH (I'm Smart, I'm a Girl and I Know Everything), The Cadence Group suggested that I have a profile page and do reviews of other authors.


Since that time I have created a profile page, have reviewed about 70 books by other authors, and am still doing reviews as often as I can.

I have started a few discussion groups and posted answers to others.

Also, I have tagged my own book, with explanations. When I have been able to chat with someone who may be reviewing my book later, I remind them to make sure to Tag.

All of these steps have taken a lot of time and effort. I don't know which of these steps has benefited THE TRUTH (I'm a Girl, I'm Smart and I Know Everything) the most.

That's the thing-it is a trip into the Amazon, and like any adventure into the great unknown, we don't always know what is working and what is not. But I can tell you, have faith and take the adventure. You will have a lot of fun and for sure your book's Amazon rank will profit. My book was #13 a few days ago in the top 100 for BEING A TEEN. That is a great reward for taking a trip into the unknown!

I wish you great success and happy adventuring.

Dr. Barbara Becker Holstein,

http://www.thetruthforgirls.com/ , http://www.enchantedself.com/
Psychologist, Happiness Coach and Author

No comments:

Post a Comment